Sunday, April 13, 2008

Reflection to Story: Chapter #5 | A Whole New Mind

Our next group assignment was for us to create a Powerpoint presentation on Story: Chapter #5 | A Whole New Mind. First of all, let me begin with a little information about this book and I. I found this book to be very compelling. usually, reading is like pulling teeth, for me, but, after reding the first fewe pages ofthe book, I was reading it at every chance I got, and rcommending it to everyone. These are very unlikely characteristics for me, but that's what happened.
I believe the thing that really impresed me most was the cover of the book. When I purchased the book, in february, I covered the bbook, and didn't look at the cover, ubtil after I read the first chapter. In the book, Mr. Pink often referred to the right creative side of the brain versus the left analytical side, and how the society has been impacted by Asia, Animation, and Abundance. Now I understand how my friend lost his job last year, due to outsourcing. Anyway, the book cover has a brain with music notes going through it. I feel validated, since I have played music since I was a child.

Chapter #5 | The Story Powerpoint presentation was created on Google Docs, by our group. I felt the presentation in class went pretty good.

Reflection to class presentations.

The students in our class have made some very impressive presentations, throughout this semester, but I must admit that the collaboration between Mei Li, Yu Fen, and Doris is very productive. I appreciate how they work with each other . I also thought that using the free online reader in their presentation was ingenious because it compensated for their heavy accent and gave a professional sound to their presentation.

No comments: