Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Reflection: ITEC 830 on March 4, 2008 - Elluminate

I used Elluminate for the class tonight. It was a good resource to have, since I was out of town, but unfortunately, I lost the connection after the second presentation, and was unable to reconnect with the class. The main problem I had was being frustrated by not being able to communicate my ideas, or interact with the group as a whole. If the moderator was not able to see my request to interject or ask a question, the presentors continued to present without my input. I believe that we should be able to have a back up phone bank or website to refer back to in case we are disconnected. I did try to contact a few students who I noticed were active on iLearn, but I got no replies to my emails. Anyway, I did figure out how to work the microphone.

1 comment:

Marcus P. said...

I can understand your frustration. My personal experience using voice features in collaborative meeting tools have all been disappointing. I have found that the web collaboration tool mixed with a telephone for voice works very well.

Our entire class is supposed to meet online 3/18. I believe we will be testing Elluminate's voice capability next week to make sure we can communicate...otherwise we are going to be doing a whole lot of typing!

Happy Birthday! I hope you had fun at the vineyards! Cheers!